Sunday, June 26, 2011

Old Malayan Railway :)

CONFESSION: I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE TODAY :D

I enjoyed today really :D It was a goood experience, one which i know i will never be able to go through again :)

Bigggg thank you to Ah Yi and Uncle Phang for inviting me to join in the expedition! :D
heehee! :) Thank You :D

Basically, we started off today somewhere near West Coast area! :D
Had breakfast at the market nearby - Fish Ball Noodles and Dou Hua Shui! :D
We began at the West Coast area, and walked towards Jurong, followed by Clementi and finally Bukit Timah :D

One cute thing we laughed about was how Ah Gu (Uncle Hua Sin) placed his Parang in his bag, allowing the "dagger" part to stick out! Of course it was wrapped in a cloth, but still, it was sooo funny because it looked sooo scary :S hahahahha:D:D

The first part of the journey was rather smooth and manageable, mainly because it was all flat road, and maybe a little of slope :D
hahahhh! until we reached this part which looked somewhat like a mini-valley.
So we were all at one side, and had to cross over to the other, provided we cross the "muddy challenge" successfully :P
IT WAS SCARY ok! hahahahah! and Jason swooooshed in superrrrr fast his whole leg was seeped into the mud! WE WERE LIKE: WOAH!!!!
HAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Followed up, we walked through a lot of business buildings - Urban Singapore :P
and finally came to the park connector of iforgotwhere :D

Till now, I've only touched on the first part of the journey which is definitely relatively smooth compared to later :P
hahhhahah!

I shall touch on 4 parts i like most about the later part of the journey! :D

1) The Bridge at Jurong area! It was actually the railway track itself, but is a bridge as well since it is very very very high from the ground. We were all walking superrrrr slow while crossing it although it looked safe and almost impossible for someone to fall off. hahahahah! :D It has a realllyyyyyy scenic and beautiful of the landscape of Jurong area (I suppose) as well :) PRETTYYYYYY :D:D

2) The small vegetations we saw in the jungle/forest. hahahahha! I never knew and did not expect there were actually people growing vegetation and probably even living in those areas! It was extremely interesting and kind of gave me a deeper understanding of how Old Singapore was probably like before all the urbanisation :D

3) The darkkkk darkkkkk tunnels we walked through!! :D Especially the 2nd one!
The second one was MUDDY TO THE MAX. all WET AND MUDDY. Challenge was, it was really dark! almost PITCH DARK, except for the light at the entrance and the exit at the other side, and our torches. We all walked on one side of the railway track in single-file (for once, we went back like we were young! :D niceeee feeling <3)! and Ah Gu (Uncle Hua Sin) decided we try the Army Style. so he commanded, "left right left right...". Initially, the pace was fine, but it became faster and faster we totally went ahhhhhhhh! :P hahahaha I held on the Jason's bag like a chewing gum ok! hahahahahh Thanks laaa, Cousin :P heehee!! There was a lot of laughter, and everyone was happy :) One more thing i felt it was really nice, was the way we trusted each other so much, and cared for each other. Perhaps it is because we are a family, making all these pretty normal. But, I'm grateful, really :)

4) The ending part of the trail! :D at the end, we reached the active railway track, and there were many people there. Families, young children, couples, groups of friends, individuals, photographers :D and the Sun seemed so bright and the feeling was good :D I do not know what is making me like this part of the trail, but i guess it was a mixture of a lot of feelings and emotions. The trek was really really awesome because of my family, the people we met on the way, the scenery and view, the muddy muddy waters, the insects, the flowers and plants sooo huge and beautiful I was snapping photos like crazyyyy, the Railway track itself, the sense of accomplishment upon completing the whole trek. I could feel a tinge of sadness, even now, at the thought that the railway track, and most of the areas we trekked today would be removed and replaced by high rised buildings and urban sculptures. I have certainly not lived in this country for long enough to build a strong relationship and love for the railway track, like many older Singaporeans and probably frequent travellers of Singapore and Malaysia have. To me, it is a first of coming so close in contact with this historical part of Singapore/Malaysia, and it is really really a very very very beautiful place. I would like very very much to share it with the people i love, because i am sure you'll love it too :) I'm sure all my experiences today would be kept in my heart and with Yellow Monkeyyy for a really long time :)

alright enough of my words, here are a few photos i really like a lot :D











































:) Back to my books :D
thank you for the day :D

No comments: