Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cambridge & the World

Since the beginning of secondary school, when I first came to learn that O'levels and A'levels were marked by Cambridge assessors, I have often wondered what Cambridge is like. Every year, soo many exam papers would be shipped/flown over to Cambridge to be marked, and we will never get those papers back!!! SO HOW DOES THAT PLACE REALLY LOOKS LIKE?

Full of Papers? 

hur hur hur! Crazyyy! During this vacation, I finally got to see what Cambridge is like. It is beautiful :D:D
Especially when I think of its rich history, and that so so so many things happened there.
The one we are probably most familiar with, Isaac Newton sat under the apple tree and discovered GRAVITY when the apple dropped! :D
hehehhehe :)

When Pap drove into that town, the first thing that caught my eye was the number of cyclists on the road!!
SO SOOOOO MANY! There were so many pretty bicycles!!
and there were many Asians too :D:D hehe, it felt nice :D:D:D
However, as we only had one full day to spend in Cambridge, we did not do much :/
The happy thing is, we still learned a lot!! Thanks to the 'punting' experience!! :D
heheheh!
Our guide was a little older compared to the guides of other boats, and this resulted in grave consequences.
Desiree Tee constantly pointed out to me during the punting journey about how cute that guy on the other boat was and ....... It was suuuperrrrr funny ok, though I felt like boxing her~

2 interesting facts which I learned from our guide:
  • Window Tax . There used to be taxes charged to houses according to the number of windows they had. So the more windows, the higher the tax. Ohmanzz 
  • Hat Tax!! It used to be assumed that the rich would have more expensive looking hats while the poor have cheap hats or none. So when someone buys a hat, there will be a revenue stamp inside. So if someday, you wear your hat out and a policeman sees you, you got to pay the fine as written in your hat!! FORGERS OF REVENUE STAMPS = DEATH PENALTY. SCARY OR NOT.


An example of my idea of a pretty bicycle

and one which I saw for myself while walking!!!

this is a school. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!??! IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! and it is a tourist attraction as well heh :D:D

Cambridge from a point of view :D walking along the streets with Victorian like buildings all around me seriously felt like a dream :D:D hahhahaha!
  
some Punting photos :D

this Swan, the only swan, came SOOOO near us. Desiree and I were totally ohmyauhcxvuijknxanudhufrpcnzucbzsubedputyhjkijin HOW HOW HOW HOW!!!
HAHAHAHA it was hilarious :P

:) I never really thought such places actually existed. Really amazed me :)

King's College! :D

This trip makes me realise what my parents mean by The World Is So Huge. 
Yeah, and I wanna see the World :D 
the whole of it!!!!

No comments: