Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yellow yellow dirty fellow

…instead I am so busy keeping my head above water that I scarcely know who I am, much less who anyone else is.
Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

My life now seems to be at a junction with a traffic light.
The ones we see while rushing to the bus stops.
The traffic light is yellow, the colour which does not last more than 10s, the colour which pedestrians cannot wait for to disappear so that the Green man will appear.

At this point of time in my life, I do not really know who I am, and who I would like to become as I grow older. It feels so real, so insecure, and that I am so weak mentally.
I am witnessing how practical this world is, how hard some truths are for some people to withstand, the power of money, why people come and go and how tough it is to survive if I do not have a goal in life.

Yes I cannot wait for this phase of life to pass quickly, yet I am afraid of what I have to face after it passes. I feel like a chicken trying to fly into the clouds.


Everything above are leaning this post towards the negative side.
I am aware that's not going to help me in any way.
Positive positive positive.
I will let this word ring in my head melodiously. I will not let go even if this yellow light stays for a longer period of time than usual.
I choose to believe that everyone is born to have a role to play and a difference to make in this Earth.

I want to make a difference too.

No comments: